Privacy and Security
Your privacy and security is our priority.
At QwickRate, maintaining your privacy and security is extremely important to us. We are committed to protecting our customers and their data.
As a result, we have implemented sophisticated measures to provide appropriate web site security:
- Firewall technology is used to prevent unauthorized access from outside parties.
- Data is encrypted as it is transferred between the QwickRate web site and customer institutions. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), the Internet standard for encryption, is used to prevent sensitive data from being deciphered by unauthorized parties.
- User IDs (identification) and passwords are employed to restrict access. All users are required to provide a verifiable login and password along with approved IP addresses for service locations before access to the network is permitted.
- Users must match key identifiers to manipulate data. Random data confirmations are done periodically. In addition, the QwickRate software only decodes approved files at the user site.
- A Symantec Corporate License has been procured to provide protection for the network against viruses.
- Tape back up is performed daily to protect network data. Tapes are stored off-site to ensure safety and security.
While QwickRate is a secure network, we cannot control individuals who share their logon ids and passwords. We intend to research and investigate any abuse of our contractual confidentiality agreements and sharing of information.
QwickRate Privacy Statement of Practices
QwickRate employs software programs that automatically collect and maintain specific information about your institution when you visit our web site or access our proprietary network. This information is considered CONFIDENTIAL and is never released to any third party for any purpose without written consent by your organization.
QwickRate is strongly committed to maintaining the confidentiality of your information and adheres to the following principles in handling any information you provide:
- Your identifying information is stored on secure computer systems and internal employee access is limited to those with a business reason to see it.
- Non-public information is not disclosed to anyone outside of QwickRate, except where compelled by law or in connection with a criminal investigation.
- QwickRate does not sell specific or general information to third parties, including business partners, for their marketing or other purposes.
- QwickRate has a firm policy regarding any violations of its copyrights on proprietary data and will continue to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law where violations are suspected.
Please note that e-mail is not secure against interception, and that e-mail features in this web site are not encrypted. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes personal information like your bank account or social security number, you may choose to communicate it via telephone call or postal mail instead of e-mail.
For more information about our privacy and security practices, contact us .